Re: String freeze break in nautilus-media

tor 2004-02-19 klockan 11.16 skrev Thomas Vander Stichele:
> On Sat, 2004-02-14 at 19:17, Danilo Šegan wrote:
> > Hi Christian, Thomas, translators,
> >
> > nautilus-media ngettext bug[1] was fixed in the last couple of days.
> > Unfortunately, with the dead status pages, almost nobody was able to
> > notice it.
> >
> > This still constitutes a string freeze break, and translators need to
> > be notified about it (especially so since status pages are b(or|ro)ken).
> >
> > I certainly hope that this freeze break will be approved (because
> > Serbian is one of the languages that's dependant on multiple plural
> > forms being supported :), but I understand that string freeze is not
> > the right time for that.
>
> I had put it in my local copy without committing it, then realized it
> wasn't in and remembered how much you guys wanted this in, so I thought
> I'd take my chances :)
>
> Menthos, I'll take a "no reply" from you as "let it in" since you're
> always very quick about putting maintainers in their place when an
> unwanted string freeze break is done.  I have great respect for the work
> you guys do, so let me know if this is the wrong decision.

I was actually without my home Internet connection for more than four
days, so I had trouble both reading and responding to my mail during
that time. That's the primary reason for the lack of reply from me. And
when I got the connection back, the change seemed harmless enough, and
the cat had of course been out of the bag for quite a while already...

But for the future, please always ask for permission during string
freezes, both from the release team and the translators. Please don't
take any chances.