Re: New Team for Olde Englisc (ang)?

>> (08.06.2004 @ 0731 PST): David Lodge said, in 0.8K: <<
> I've been playing around with the concept of doing a full translation of gnome
> into Olde Englisc, (the pre-1000 CE version of English, which is significantly
> different to Modern English).
>
> Having banded it around in the Englisc mailing lists I have willing volunteers;
> but this does bring up the of whether the GTP is willing to support a 'dead
> language' (though it is still used in some areas of literature).
>
> If we can form the team, there is also the question of what to call it. The
> official ISO 639 code is "ang English (Old)"; but this wouldn't fit into the
> normal schema of codes; maybe: "en_OE English (Old)"?
>
> I would be willing to act as team leader for this team...
>> end of "New Team for Olde Englisc (ang)?" from David Lodge <<

One of my favourite things about earlier versions of RedHat was that it
had a Redneck locale. I don't think that these things detract from the
professionalism of the project in any way.

I would encourage the creation of this locale. I am still waiting for
support also for the Swedish Chef locale.

As for the locale code, seeing as how it goes lang_LOCATION, maybe oe_GB
would be slightly more accurate?

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
adamw magnesium net || adamw FreeBSD org