New Team for Olde Englisc (ang)?

I've been playing around with the concept of doing a full translation of gnome
into Olde Englisc, (the pre-1000 CE version of English, which is significantly
different to Modern English).

Having banded it around in the Englisc mailing lists I have willing volunteers;
but this does bring up the of whether the GTP is willing to support a 'dead
language' (though it is still used in some areas of literature).

If we can form the team, there is also the question of what to call it. The
official ISO 639 code is "ang English (Old)"; but this wouldn't fit into the
normal schema of codes; maybe: "en_OE English (Old)"?

I would be willing to act as team leader for this team...

Thoughts?

dave