Yoruba Locale Source file creation and installation

i am trying to test the .pot file translations on current available versions of
Gnome, such as 2.4 on my PC. I have copies of a number of distributions
redhat, mandrake, debian and suse. However, i can't I can't seem to get any
straight foward steps on how to install and configure a new locale. Are there any tools or apps that can help with this, particularly how to create Locale source files.

Can anyone advise or point me to somewhere on how to go about creating and
installing new locale for gnome on an exsitiong linux instllation?

Thanks

Bayo

Yoruba Translation