Re: PO-based Documentation Translation

El sáb, 27-09-2003 a las 22:19, Dave Malcolm escribió:

> I've been lurking in this discussion and wanted to ask: is there
> anything we can do within Conglomerate to make it easier to translate
> DocBook documents?  (Conglomerate aims to be a user-friendly XML editor
> for DocBook and other XML formats, for those who don't know)

Yes, the first thing could be to read a so really interesting article[1]
about XLIFF[2] format, which is mainly the gettext's po expresed in XML
with steroids. The article exposed the problems of real work in
translation.

[1] http://developers.sun.com/dev/gadc/technicalpublications/articles/xliff.html
[2] http://www.opentag.com/xliff.htm

BTW, please consider the translation of XML documents instead of docbook
ones only. I think is almost the same complexity but is a lot of
powerfull.

--
        A.Ismael Olea González

        mailto:ismael@olea.org  http://www.olea.org
        http://aduaneros.olea.org, la ONG sin futuro.

        El mundo debe empezar a tener miedo a un planeta OLEA