PO-based Documentation Translation (wa Re: Weekly i18n statusupdate)

tor 2003-09-25 klockan 16.15 skrev Reinout van Schouwen:
> W.r.t. the i18n status. I think it's about time that the help
> files/documentation are also counted in the translation statistics. For
> many languages, the desktop is now 100% translated, which is great, but
> now we have to raise the bar and translate all the docs as well!

I agree, but I think that if we start using PO format for docs
translations, integrating the docs translation statistics into the
ordinary translation status pages will be trivial.

So I see the problem as a consequence of us not having moved to PO based
docs translation yet. Someone needs to sort that out first so we can
start using PO-based docs translation on a large scale across GNOME.