Re: locale for Uzbekistan

Kaixo!

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 04:53:06PM -0400, Noah Levitt wrote:

>    scripts; because of that it occasionally identifies
>    varieties of scripts that may be useful for book
>    cataloging, but which are not considered distinct as
>    scripts in the Unicode Standard. For example, ISO 15924
>    has separate script codes for the Fraktur and Gaelic
>    varieties of the Latin script.
>    [http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr24/]
>
> In fact, our goals might be closer to Unicode's than ISO
> 15924's, not sure.

OTOH, there is always a generic code when there are variants
(there is "Latn" for generic latin script).
Indeed, variants won't have

> The list is in
> http://www.unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/PropertyValueAliases.txt
> It's short, so I'll paste the relevant portion here:
>
>    sc ; Arab      ; Arabic
>    sc ; Armn      ; Armenian
>    sc ; Beng      ; Bengali
[...]

It seems a subset of the ISO 15924 one (variants removed, as well as
possibly scripts not yet encoded in unicode)

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://chanae.walon.org/pablo/		PGP Key available, key ID: 0xD9B85466
[you can write me in Walloon, Spanish, French, English, Italian or Portuguese]

PGP signature