Re: Translation of program names

Дана петак, 31. октобар 2003. 13:17:44 CET, Christian Rose написа:

> Not only that, but some of our most active contributors *are* these
> companies. Well, each contributing individual is an individual from
> the GNOME point of view, but you get the idea. We should not bite the
> hand that feeds us... well, perhaps that's making it too drastic, but
> we shouldn't annoy them or misrepresent them. We should help them
> help us.

My point is just that we shouldn't do it at the cost of our own
language. So, lets not put their marketing above that. :-)

And I never heard a single complaint of IBM being named "ИБМ" in here,
or "Microsoft" being transliterated to "Микрософт". So, I don't think
they mind too much, as long as you use the products of those companies,
and pay for them :-)

Cheers,
Danilo