Re: Translating Gnome into Khmer (km)

Kaixo!

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 02:06:47PM +0100, Christian Rose wrote:

> > The goal is to develop a full system that will replace the systems based
> > on English Language (used noadays).
> >
> > I need to have an idea of the size of the translations (in order to know
> > how much money we need for the project). The size could be in number of
> > words, translator/months, money or any other form that is available. Any
> > information in this direction would be most welcome.
>
> Unfortunately all information that we have available is in number of
> messages. If someone has some figure of the number of words, please
> chime in.

You can table on a mean of 8-10 words per gettext message.

So, for good translation of Gnome desktop, you can count some 200.000
to 300.000 words.
Double that if you also want to translate the documentation (program
help pages and Gnome user manual)

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://chanae.walon.org/pablo/		PGP Key available, key ID: 0xD9B85466
[you can write me in Walloon, Spanish, French, English, Italian or Portuguese]

PGP signature