Re: Translating Gnome into Khmer (km)

mån 2003-10-27 klockan 08.50 skrev Javier SOLA:
> I am preparing a project to translate Gnome and some basic applications
> into Khmer (Cambodia). The idea is to have it done by professional
> translators.
>
> The goal is to develop a full system that will replace the systems based
> on English Language (used noadays).
>
> I need to have an idea of the size of the translations (in order to know
> how much money we need for the project). The size could be in number of
> words, translator/months, money or any other form that is available. Any
> information in this direction would be most welcome.

Unfortunately all information that we have available is in number of
messages. If someone has some figure of the number of words, please
chime in.

> A list of what could be considered basic applications would be most welcome.

For full GNOME support, everything on the "developer-libs" and "desktop"
sections of the translation status pages
(http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.6/) needs to be
translated.

However, the most visible stuff is probably libgnomeui, libgnome, gtk+,
gnome-desktop, gnome-panel, gnome-control-center, gnome-mime-data,
nautilus, gedit, yelp, gdm2, metacity, gnome-vfs, glib, and the rest of
the gnome-* ones. I'd start with those, and then move on to the rest.