Re: Urgent help needed: xfree86.xml

Elros Cyriatan <cyriatan@fastmail.fm> writes:

>> #: xfree86.xml.in.h:273
>> msgid "Scroll_Lock LED shows alternative group"
>> msgstr ""
>>

> The underscore has no special meaning, I think. It's just to make it
> more explicit that "scroll" and "lock" form a union.

I think this relates to the actual keysym in XKB files (check
$XROOT/include/X11/keysymdef.h, and substract "XK_" from start to get
actual keysyms).

So, this may seem to be a technical description (like those we put in
quotes in eg. GConf schema files), but I don't see the merit of having
exact technical description in file whose purpose is to describe
layouts to users.

So yes, I think this will need to be cleaned up -- but I guess not in
the XFree86 4.4 timeframe.

Anyway, translators can probably fix it in translations, and leave
the original to be corrected later.

Cheers,
Danilo