Re: shared-mime-info

Christian Rose menulis:

>>How about forming "Freedesktop Translation project" where the translator
>>is from GTP and KDE-i18n
>

> I don't really see the point in doing that. A translation project
> requires a certain amount of volunteers to take off and be able to
> provide a meaningful amount of translation teams and translation
> coverage, and to get the necessary benefits of team organizations and
> people helping each other etc.
>
> And we already have an independant translation project (called the
> Translation Project), so I don't see the point of creating yet another
> one for the freedesktop.org translations, at least not at this point in
> time.

Hmmm Maybe i'm biased toward TP.
As we all know, we prefer cvs than TP
cvs commit is just easier than TPRobot

whenever there are gtk2/gnome2 apps out there, we suggest them to reside
at gnome cvs. if they reside at gnome cvs, it's easier for use to
translate it.

alternatively, is TP
but with TP, maintainer need to do extra work dealing with TP.
compared with cvs, the miantainer/developer just develop as usual.

I've notice that several gtk2/gnome2 apps reside at sf OR
savannah.nongnu.org or others.

Is that any way, GTP ppl translate gnome/gtk2 apps that reside on a
particular cvs server.

for example, we deal with savannah.nongnu.org
for every gnome2/gtk2 apps reside there:-
- there are stats for translation.
- we(GTP) or translator at TP have access to /module/po/ directory for
every module listed as gtk2/gnome2 apps.

> If there's anything that needs to be improved with the TP in order
> to handle the likely to be coming larger amount of freedesktop.org
> translation domains, let's discuss that and try to arrange it with the
> TP first.
improvemet maybe:-
1. modules should be categorized.
2. stats comparing team vs team performance.
3. cvs access besides TPRobot

--
Hasbullah Bin Pit (sebol)

"Fiber optic tu kecik, kalau kita letak high speed internet 312 Kbps tu,
  nanti fiber tu pecah." -  1-300-88-9515