Re: shared-mime-info

ons 2003-11-12 klockan 13.51 skrev Hasbullah Bin Pit:
> Christian Rose wrote:
> > shared-mime-info is an attempt to sync and merge the MIME databases from
> > KDE and GNOME and will thus be necessary to translate in order to have a
> > fully translated GNOME experience in the future. You can read about how
> > to join an existing TP language team or create a new one if necessary on
> > http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/HTML/translators.html.
>
> shared-mime-info reside at freedesktop.org cvs
> i believe there will be more and more freedesktop software (which relate
> with gnome) will reside there.

Yes.

> How about forming "Freedesktop Translation project" where the translator
> is from GTP and KDE-i18n

I don't really see the point in doing that. A translation project
requires a certain amount of volunteers to take off and be able to
provide a meaningful amount of translation teams and translation
coverage, and to get the necessary benefits of team organizations and
people helping each other etc.

And we already have an independant translation project (called the
Translation Project), so I don't see the point of creating yet another
one for the freedesktop.org translations, at least not at this point in
time. If there's anything that needs to be improved with the TP in order
to handle the likely to be coming larger amount of freedesktop.org
translation domains, let's discuss that and try to arrange it with the
TP first.