Re: The recent gtk+ gtk-2-2 message addition

lör 2003-05-31 klockan 14.21 skrev Ramanan Selvaratnam:
> >>Hidetoshi has submitted a new message to gtk+ gtk-2-2 branch.
> >>So does it mean that the file relevant to the GTP tamil as at
> >><http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.2/PO/gtk+.gtk-2-2.ta.po>
> >>is not automatically?
> >
> >The status pages and the pot and po files are regenerated several times
> >each day. So new/changed messages will show up in those files when the
> >status page is regenerated. It's already present in the ta.po on the
> >status page:
> >
> >#: gtk/gtkimmodule.c:419
> >#, fuzzy
> >msgid "Default"
> >msgstr "¦¸¡¼¡ ¿¢¨Ä «¸Çõ"
>
> So a fuzzy string was deduced automatically?
> ie, the msgid and msgstr as above were inserted after Hidetoshi's actions...

Hidetoshi added the message to the gtk+ source.

The msgid and msgstr were then added to the ta.po file on the status
pages when the status pages were regenerated. The status pages
automatically calls intltool-update, which in its turn calls msgmerge,
on all the po files so that new and altered messages get shown in the po
files on the status pages.

The msgstr was fuzzy marked since there already was a message with a
similar msgid in the po file. msgmerge then tries to save the translator
some work by adding that message's msgstr to this new one, but also
marks it fuzzy to show the translator that the msgstr needs some manual
adjusting to match the msgid.

> >Then send the file to someone
> >that can commit it for you, or commit it yourself if you have cvs
> >access
>
> Yes, would need CVS access to make it simple.

You can apply for one by following the instructions on
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/policies/accounts/.

> On commiting the translated PO files is it possible output an automated
> message to a list elsewhere
> (savannah or sourceforge). I have seen this being done on other projects
> ... not sure whether it is a simple setting in CVS though.

There already is such a list,
http://lists.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/cvs-commits-list/. If you
subscribe to that one you get messages for all cvs commits in
cvs.gnome.org though, but you can probably manually filter the messages
so that you get only messages for ta.po files.