Re: The recent gtk+ gtk-2-2 message addition

lör 2003-05-31 klockan 13.27 skrev Ramanan Selvaratnam:
> >Translators: You need to update gtk+ gtk-2-2 branch, there's 1 new
> >message.
>
> I wish to understand this GTP backend automation better...

I guess you're talking about the status pages?

> I am new to the GTP

Welcome :)

> Hidetoshi has submitted a new message to gtk+ gtk-2-2 branch.
> So does it mean that the file relevant to the GTP tamil as at
> <http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.2/PO/gtk+.gtk-2-2.ta.po>
> is not automatically?

The status pages and the pot and po files are regenerated several times
each day. So new/changed messages will show up in those files when the
status page is regenerated. It's already present in the ta.po on the
status page:

#: gtk/gtkimmodule.c:419
#, fuzzy
msgid "Default"
msgstr "¦¸¡¼¡ ¿¢¨Ä «¸Çõ"

> Should it be updated  manually?

A Tamil translation needs to be manually added or corrected for this
message, yes. Since it's fuzzy, you need to alter the translation to be
correct and then remove the fuzzy mark. Then send the file to someone
that can commit it for you, or commit it yourself if you have cvs
access.

> What are the implications on the 2.4 branch?

The GNOME 2.4 release will use the same GTK+ branch as the GNOME 2.2
release did, so the branches and messages are the same in the specific
case of GTK+.