Re: The recent gtk+ gtk-2-2 message addition

Christian Rose wrote:

>lör 2003-05-31 klockan 13.27 skrev Ramanan Selvaratnam:
>

>>>Translators: You need to update gtk+ gtk-2-2 branch, there's 1 new
>>>message.
>>>

>>I wish to understand this GTP backend automation better...
>>

>I guess you're talking about the status pages?

The status page automation is clear now.
But I want to know more :-) see below...

[...]

>>Hidetoshi has submitted a new message to gtk+ gtk-2-2 branch.
>>So does it mean that the file relevant to the GTP tamil as at
>><http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.2/PO/gtk+.gtk-2-2.ta.po>
>>is not automatically?
>>

>The status pages and the pot and po files are regenerated several times
>each day. So new/changed messages will show up in those files when the
>status page is regenerated. It's already present in the ta.po on the
>status page:
>
>#: gtk/gtkimmodule.c:419
>#, fuzzy
>msgid "Default"
>msgstr "¦¸¡¼¡ ¿¢¨Ä «¸Çõ"

So a fuzzy string was deduced automatically?
ie, the msgid and msgstr as above were inserted after Hidetoshi's actions...

[...]

>Then send the file to someone
>that can commit it for you, or commit it yourself if you have cvs
>access

Yes, would need CVS access to make it simple.

On commiting the translated PO files is it possible output an automated
message to a list elsewhere
(savannah or sourceforge). I have seen this being done on other projects
... not sure whether it is a simple setting in CVS though.

Regards,

Ramanan