Re: Updating po files on make dist

Janne <jan.moren@lucs.lu.se> writes:

> I can add, as a lowly translator, that I have resigned to doing just a
> few dozen strings at a time out of fear of cvs collisions. And as my
> grip on the cvs tools are less than complete, my recourse whenever this
> happens is generally to move my local po file, check out the cvs version
> again and redo all translations that were lost.

That's a reasonable approach.  'msgcat' coming with gettext will help
you doing the merge step:

    msgcat -o merged.sv.po CVS.sv.po your_translation.sv.po

Then edit merged.sv.po using your favorite .po file editor.  In case of
differing tranlations those are marked fuzzy with proper hints (IMO).

Hackers may consider to add *.po to po/.cvsignore.

--
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                            |    _-\_<,
ke@suse.de (work) / keichwa@gmx.net (home)               |   (*)/'(*)