Re: GNOME CVS: gnome-games callum

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 08:18:03AM -0400, Gnome CVS User wrote:
> CVSROOT:	/cvs/gnome
> Module name:	gnome-games
> Changes by:	callum	03/05/22 08:18:03
>
> Modified files:
> 	same-gnome     : same-gnome.c
>
> Log message:
> i18n fixes: use ngettext in same-gnome

Not intending to pick on Callum here, but as far as I can see the issue
with ngettext and portability was never resolved. We at least know there
are problems on older Solaris systems and nothing was really established
for other non-Linux systems.

Personally, I am not completely against "it's free software and if the
proprietary tools are insufficient then that is their problem", but that
is not really the way GNOME works -- we try very hard to play nicely
with other systems.

Malcolm

--
To succeed in politics, it is often necessary to rise above your
principles.