Re: GNOME CVS: gnome-games callum

> Not intending to pick on Callum here, but as far as I can see the issue
In this case I can easily put in a check and if ngettext isn't available
come up with a sensible default. In general this is the nice way to do
it (i.e. systems that have the nice tools use them, those that don't
get a good approximation). However I suspect it's only easy in my case
because I know that the range of numbers I expect are away from a lot
of the problem areas. For example gtali gives a number in the hundreds
(and never less than 6) so it falls into most languages "lots" category.
Although I suspect this only satisfies 90% of the population.

e.g.
#ifndef HAVE_NGETTEXT
#define ngettext(one,lots,n) (lots)
#endif

I know that this gives a good approximation in my case, but would it be
a good approximation in most cases ? Given that the alternative is to
not use it at all I'm inclined to encourage developers to use it, but only
with appropriate checks.

 - Callum