Re: More "what do you do with..?" questions

ons 2003-03-26 klockan 18.15 skrev Reinout van Schouwen:
> > I also added "e-mail" as an example now. :-)
>
> How about 'Volume'? It may be saying something about the audio strength,
> but (as is the case in Nautilus) also something about a
> disk/partition/mount point type of thing. Usually I don't translate it but
> that doesn't feel quite right.

Are you sure there isn't a corresponding word for that in Dutch? The
translation of "volume" ("volym") may be used for both cases in Swedish;
i.e. "audio volume" ("ljudvolym") and "dictionary volume"
("lexikonvolym"). In the second case volume means "piece of a literary
set", and I think that's where the computer meaning of "storage unit"
comes from: to signify that it's about one unit out of (possibly) many
for the same purpose.