Re: Translating Red Carpet 2.0

El mié, 26 de 03 de 2003 a las 22:47, Joe Shaw escribió:
> On Wed, 2003-03-26 at 16:35, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
> > Then, could we remove all old translations from
> > gnome-i18n/extra-po/red-carpet?
> Yes, certainly.

Ok, I will do it now.

> > Could we reuse the old redcarpet translations?
> I doubt it.  The interface is all-new and while some strings are
> certainly the same (like "Updates"), most have changed.  It may be
> worthwhile to use as a reference however, and cut-and-paste as
> necessary.

I just merged it and I got about 27 strings translated "for free" and
lots of fuzzy messages. It's like the cut-and-paste that you told but
"the gettext way".

> Also, I don't know what issues there may be with character sets (if
> any).

Nothing that msgconv can not solve :-P all .po files are now as UTF-8
(please, translators, review your .po files to know if all went ok).

> > Sure, the spanish team will "fix" your translation, don't worry :-P
> Great. ;)

P.S.: It will appear inside the Translation Status pages tonight.