Re: Proposal for declinations in gettext

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 01:39:31AM +0200, Kenneth Rohde Christiansen wrote:
> And Hjerterkonge in Danish. ;-)

Well it is "Hjerter konge" in Danish, two words.
I do sympatise with the proposer and the current translation scheme for eg doing
card games is cumbersome. I think the proposal he made needs to be
further investigated but it has some merit.

It is no problem that the "of" in "king of hearts" is not translated.
you can just omit it, as in

msgid "Move %s of %s to stack"
msgstr "Flyt %2$s %1$s til bunken"

which also makes use of the parameter positioning reordering of printf.

Keld