Re: Full 100% Arabic support for gnome

Telsa Gwynne wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 10:09:20PM +0200 or thereabouts, Danilo Segan wrote:
>
>>I'll just a nitpick on something (Christian introduced me to this
>>problem, so I'm just spreading the knowledge :-).
>>
>>I've noticed that you've uploaded a bunch of translations to the
>>"gnome-2-2" branch, but didn't bother to upload them into HEAD first.
>>As far as I know, there're some problems with that (CVS gets a bit
>>confused while trying to track the file history with multiple "entry
>>points").
>

> Can you expand on that? Does this become a problem for apps like
> Evolution or gtk, for example, where I thought we were supposed
> to be doing the branch instead of HEAD?
>
> What about if I check something into branch first, then immediately
> check the HEAD version in? Does that cause a problem too?

there isn't really a problem - its just that when you do cvs log, the log
messages for branch commits go to the bottom, below 1.1. There is no
functional difference, just the peopel writing cvs were incredibly lazy
when it came to output formating of log

--
	Sander

OpenOffice.org - the best thing since custom nanobots