Re: Bugs related to string changes

ons 2003-07-09 klockan 10.27 skrev Danilo Segan:
> Yes, I see. If we even add those bug reports which *don't* contain the
> keyword "string", it would be more ;-)

Yeah. :)

> Here are the bugs which I have filed without using the keyword
> "string", and they relate to string additions or changes:
>
> Balsa:
>   - 116604 (plural forms),
>   - 116603 (minor issues),
>   - 116994 (fixed, adds "translator_credits" to the About box).

Excellent! Feel free to add a link to
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/tutorials/gnome-i18n/developer.html#plurals in bugs about using ngettext -- I'm not sure all maintainers necessarily understand the need for this otherwise, and it's tedious to explain again and again in individual bug reports.

> gnome-applets:
>   - 116986 (plural forms in mail-check, I attached an untested
> patch,       anyone has any idea how to do this better?),
>   - 116988 and 116989 (minor omissions in original strings,
> Daniel          Baeyens already submitted a patch, but it's still not
> commited).
>
> Should I add keyword "string" to these gnome-applets bugs?

I already did now, no worry.

By the way, it's excellent that you're adding bug reports about
instances where ngettext should be used -- I tried to do this myself for
some core modules, but as I'm only used to the same plural scheme as
used in English it's not easy for me to spot all instances.

If you file more ngettext bugs for core modules, it would be great if
you could mark them as blocking bug 116236 -- I've added that bug so
that we can more easily track all ngettext bugs in core modules.