Re: string addition

On Friday, 3. January 2003 14:57, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
> Havoc Pennington <hp@redhat.com> writes:
> > People in central Europe would not be able to ssh to their older
> > Linux/UNIX systems or view documents in that encoding.
>
> As a German, I always thought iso-8859-2 is used in Eastern Europe;
> otherwise you are completely right.

There is a problem in drawing a boundary between Asia and Europe. The
border is generally considered to be the Ural Mountains. Looking at a
map, I would say the centre of Europe is approximately Poland, where
ISO-8859-2 is used. In fact, I don't see any country where ISO-8859-2
is used that could be considered a part of eastern Europe.