Re: string addition

On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 02:09:00AM +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> If you're asking for release-team approval then you really should give
> us more information. We usually like to hear at least:
> 1. What does it do?

Adds ISO-8859-2 to the encodings you can put in the Character Coding
menu.

> 2. What's the advantage of the change?

You can run an ISO-8859-2 terminal session when your locale is not
ISO-8859-2.

> 3. Why would it be bad to wait for 2.4?

People in central Europe would not be able to ssh to their older
Linux/UNIX systems or view documents in that encoding.

The other ISO-8859-* encodings are all currently present so central
European users might feel discriminated against.

Havoc