Re: Translation : how to ??

tis 2003-04-08 klockan 11.17 skrev Seb Angulo:
> I'm a newcomer in Mandrake / Gnome world, and I'm not accustomed to
> use this systems yet. To make my knowledge grow faster, I would like
> to change the language of the Gnome interface to Japanese, but I don't
> understand how to do.
>
> In the KDE interface, we just have to do 2 clicks and here we go, the
> whole interface is in Japanese... How come it is not as simple as this
> in Gnome ?

If you use GDM (the GNOME graphical display manager, i.e. the GNOME
graphical login screen) it really is that simple. Simply choose your
preferred language for the session from the Languages menu, and then
login. You will also be asked if you'd like to use that language for
future sessions too.

Don't know if Mandrake does use GDM by default. Red Hat does though.