Re: gedit schemas file warning.

Christian Rose wrote:

> > >                                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > > This is the problem. Four days is *very* little time, and for the
> > > languages and modules where Sun has been doing their translation review
> > > (which we haven't recieved yet afaik) we'll still both need to
> > > review and complete those in four days, with all the string changes that
> > > were made to the modules in the mean time where we weren't supposed to
> > > update the translations of those modules.
> >
> > I agree with Carlos here, the message are there and they are not
> > translated (not marked for translation). You cannot get 100% translated
> > GNOME, you will get only 100% statistics on status page.
>
> This isn't just about statistics. The problem is that adding a large
> number of largely unimportant strings right now will make it a rather
> impossible task to find and make sure that the actually important very
> much user-visible ones are translated, at least in three days.
>
> > However, I understand that to do a review, this would be huge problem for
> > you. So, we should not add them for this release.
> >
> > IMHO, this is a result of the broken message freeze. Otherwise the review
> > has been already done.
>
> No. If I remember correctly, Sun fetched their first batch of
> translations they aimed to review before the message freeze, so there
> are a large number of legitimate changes that have happened inbetween. I
> have to merge the Sun translations and complete all those changes in
> just three days now to make everything complete (which is hundreds and
> hundreds of new and fuzzy messages, many of them important and
> user-visible).
>
> So no, for "sv" at least, the community review of gedit, ggv, ghex,
> glade, gnome-applets, gnome-control-center, gnome-desktop,
> gnome-session, gnome-panel, gnome-media, gnome-utils, gperfmeter and
> nautilus *hasn't* been done, because it couldn't be done before now.

I'd prefer to see efforts being concentrated on reviewing the Sun stuff
given the amount of time left until the freeze. I don't think it is enough
just to  check whether they compile and msgcmp correctly. I'd like to see
teams looking at the above module translations with specific emphasis
on our new and changed translations. Also the messages for which
community teams have done translation in the last 5/6 weeks in those
modules. Glade and gnome-control-center in particular appear to have
high instances of both new and changed messages across languages and are
therefore probably a good place to start. Be doing this we ensure that
that everything is ok in preparation for starting translation of the 2nd
module group. We want to start these next week.

Regards,
Damien