Re: podiff

Christian Rose <menthos@menthos.com> writes:

> Do you know of po-diffing functionality could be put into the regular
> gettext software package somehow?

If it is useful and not already covered by one or a combination of
several of the tools coming with gettext then chances are that good
Bruno will think about it and eventually add such a command line tool.
To be discussed by mail or via the
translation-i18n@lists.sourceforge.net list.

> I don't use po-mode myself but in the Swedish team, we regularily use
> an old, unmaintained and buggy perl hack that produces diffs that
> works on po files, so that we can review changes to translations. I
> imagine it would be useful for more than us if there was some sort of
> "msgdiff" utility distributed with gettext itself.

I don't talk perl and I don't know where I can find podiff or
po-diff.  How does the output of po-diff look?

--
ke@suse.de (work) / keichwa@gmx.net (home):              |
http://www.suse.de/~ke/                                  |      ,__o