Re: Gnome Internationalization: A proposal

I have been planning to do the same with KDE
translation for Thai language.  I just don't have time
to do it yet.  I think you can choose either C or php
with mysql database.  The key issue is how you want
people to access those translate strings.  If someone
check out that string, do you want to lock that string
from others to translate or you would allow to others
to translate the same string then compare or using
poll later.  Also, to improve consistency, you need to
create a databse for common terminology and translated
word.  Users who are not so sure how to translate or
spell a particular word could search to see if someone
alread define it.