Re: Gnome Internationalization: A proposal

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Thaweesak Taekratok wrote:

> poll later.  Also, to improve consistency, you need to
> create a databse for common terminology and translated
> word.  Users who are not so sure how to translate or
> spell a particular word could search to see if someone
> alread define it.

Furthermore it would be very useful to have some fuzzy logic, phonetic
matching and "semantic close distance matching" (surely there is a more
common name for this). If there's any interest I'd find some more info
about these sorts of techniques...

regards,

--

Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout@cs.vu.nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778