Re: UTF-8

Sven Neumann <sven@gimp.org> writes:

> If I'd have to check all 157 po files in the GIMP source tree
> for correct encoding everytime I do a tarball I'd never get a release
> out.

Add "msgconv --to UTF-8 |" to the traditional $(MSGFMT) command and you
are done.  I don't expect you to do it by hand file by file ;)

> Is it really asked too much to expect translators to convert the po
> file before committing it to CVS?

That's more work and somehow error prone; but if it works for you
it's okay with me, especially if there are enough translators able to
play the UTF-8 game.

--
ke@suse.de (work) / keichwa@gmx.net (home):              |
http://www.suse.de/~ke/                                  |      ,__o