Re: abiword

Carlos Perelló Marín <carlos@gnome-db.org> writes:

> I think that the robot is only useful to get new translations updates,
> but the extra-po is necessary because we are translating cvs modules and
> not releases and we should not send the updated .po files all days
> because one or two strings had changed.

. 'extra-po' files are there because they don't belong to a regular
GNOME CVS module, right? ;)

. Test or pre-releases for GNOME package do happen (e.g., GNOME 2
alpha).

. I strongly believe the current GNOME way is fun (for CVS lovers or for
people having a lot of time), but it's a waste of resources.  For sure,
the German team does not have the necessary resources to stay
up-to-date.  There's no need to check from day to day whether all the
translations are 100% complete and if not, translating 1 or 2 strings.

> We could use (for example) status pages to give translators the updated
> .po files and the robot to get the update from them and check in the
> update inside cvs.
>
> It's not a bad idea but we will need the extra-po ;-)

No, you will not.  The robot will send the translation files (.po)
directly to the the upstream package maintainer for inclusion.

--
ke@suse.de (work) / keichwa@gmx.net (home):              |
http://www.suse.de/~ke/                                  |      ,__o