Re: abiword

El dom, 20-01-2002 a las 08:02, Karl Eichwalder escribió:
> Keld Jørn Simonsen <keld@dkuug.dk> writes:
>
> > They are now in Gnome CVS in the extra-po section.
>
> I don't like the extra-po "solution" at all (YMMV).  Since I don't do
> that much GNOME translations at the moment (nearly zero), maybe, I
> should keep silent.
>
> Anyway, it might be worth to reconsider to use the Translation Robot
> (TP); cf. my signature.  Yes the TP has its own issues but these days
> the TPm maintainers are quite responsive ;)
>
> In theory it should be possible to install such a robot somewhere else,
> too.

I think that the robot is only useful to get new translations updates,
but the extra-po is necessary because we are translating cvs modules and
not releases and we should not send the updated .po files all days
because one or two strings had changed.

We could use (for example) status pages to give translators the updated
.po files and the robot to get the update from them and check in the
update inside cvs.

It's not a bad idea but we will need the extra-po ;-)