Re: Please don't use HTML e-mail to lists (was Re: gtranslatorrelease 0.39.2 (TUE) coming...)

On Fri, 2002-02-08 at 17:31, Christian Rose wrote:
    fre 2002-02-08 klockan 17.02 skrev Fatih Demir:
    > PS: Sorry if anyone gets angry about HTML mails, but well, I'm no
    > CS/Math student, so keep with it.

<Christians-opinion/>

But there's one problem: as I pointed out, Evolution ate my contacts +
calendar, so that all these prefs are "out of space" -- HTML mail is my
default setting, but normally, I could have torn it off for list mails,
but well, here I did it manually which isn't surely something you want
to for many mails you could send per day, not?

(Contacts: bad situation; Calendar: worse situation, but for sure,
printed versions of schedules are always good backups as I can tell
now.)

    (*) I use Evolution too, and thus my mailer is capable of rendering HTML
    mail. That doesn't mean that HTML mail is ok. Your HTML mail uses a
    different and harder to read font than regular mails, bizarre colors,
    and a white background that combined with the strange colors offer less
    contrast and worse readability than regular mails. Combined with the
    fact that there is usually no valid reason at all to send HTML mail
    instead of regular ones, this tends to make me somewhat annoyed.

/me goes back and learns physics.. could be more productive..
--
<([ Fatih Demir / kabalak / kabalak@gtranslator.org ])>
<([ ICQ 64241161 / fdemir2@ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de ])>