Please don't use HTML e-mail to lists (was Re: gtranslator release0.39.2 (TUE) coming...)

fre 2002-02-08 klockan 17.02 skrev Fatih Demir:
> PS: Sorry if anyone gets angry about HTML mails, but well, I'm no
> CS/Math student, so keep with it.

Since you are using Evolution and Evolution by default has "send HTML
mail" disabled, that means that you must have been actively enabling it.
Since you managed to enable it, I'm sure you are capable of disabling it
too.

Since it is considered (for various good reasons) that sending HTML mail
to mailing lists is bad(*), you might want to consider (if you do not
want to disable the sending of HTML e-mails altogether) adding contacts
for the various mailing lists you subscribe to, and disabling "wants
HTML mail" in the properties for these contacts.

Christian

(*) I use Evolution too, and thus my mailer is capable of rendering HTML
mail. That doesn't mean that HTML mail is ok. Your HTML mail uses a
different and harder to read font than regular mails, bizarre colors,
and a white background that combined with the strange colors offer less
contrast and worse readability than regular mails. Combined with the
fact that there is usually no valid reason at all to send HTML mail
instead of regular ones, this tends to make me somewhat annoyed.