Re: We need a solution about .po files && UTF-8

Carlos Perelló Marín <carlos@gnome-db.org> writes:

> 1.- A mantainer does always a cvs ci after a make dist so all .po files
> are as UTF8 and then he will commit all files as UTF8 if she does not
> take care of it.

No.  Conversion will happen in a pipe:

    msgconv -o - --to UTF-8 LL.po | msgfmt -o LL.gmo -

> 2.- All people that wants to compile the module from CVS should had
> gettext >= 0.11 to be able to compile it correctly.

I don't thinks the lack of gettext 0.11.x will necessarily cause a
fatal error.  I 'msgconv' is missing just fall back to 'cat'.  This
should work quite good for most of those who don't have a reasonable
glibc or gettext version installed (I bet those are mainly interested in
english messages only).

--
ke@suse.de (work) / keichwa@gmx.net (home):              |
http://www.suse.de/~ke/                                  |      ,__o