Re: We need a solution about .po files && UTF-8

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 01:30:13AM +0200, Carlos Perell? Mar?n wrote:
> El dom, 28-04-2002 a las 01:13, Havoc Pennington escribi?:
> >
> > Would this mean that when compiling from CVS, translations would be broken?
>
> Good point. With the option that we were thinking on, yes. Translatios
> would be broken if you don't do the make dist first, so we need to
> update the solution or find another option.

That would seem to make the choice fairly clear.
    po files should be in utf8.

Given the choice between requiring developers to have ultra-modern
libc, and translators using a restricted subset of tools the later
seems less restrictive.  The former means that some platforms will
not be able to run dists (do all the *bsds support this ?)

Does this mean
        bind_textdomain_codeset (GETTEXT_PACKAGE, "UTF-8");
would no longer be required ?