Re: difficulties with Gnome Translation

sön 2002-04-28 klockan 00.01 skrev Sander Vesik:
> > > 3) check them in to the different module/po one by one ..
> >
> > As translations are usually worked upon one by one by a single
> > translator or independantly by several translators, they are usually
> > never completed at the same time. So I don't see why you have to commit
> > them by the same time, just commit them one by one as they are finished.
>
> Well, this assumes you translate application by applicatio instead of
> working on the strings. if instead you just work on a set that is the
> untranslated strings in gnome, and it passes through review, then this is
> not really true any more.

I think that even if you translate all of Gnome at once, dividing the
work into translating and reviewing application by application is the
most natural seperation of the work. We do reviews in the Swedish team,
and asking people to review more than one application translation at the
time has proven unsuccessful, since sometimes the translations are very
large -- it seems one application at the time is what people prefer to
review, at least in my experience.