Re: Arabic Keyboard in Gnome2

On Saturday 06 April 2002 08:13 am, Pablo Saratxaga wrote:
> Just load it. ("setxkbmap ar" in the command line); or make it the default
> keyboard by enabling it in the X11 config file.
>
> There is no need for Gnome to handle it, leaving the keyboard handling to
> XFree86 is easier, and works fine.
>
> Maybe you would need to set the locale to an UTF-8 one before (I don't know
> if Gnome 2 (or, more exactly, GTk2) uses the new locale independent
> Xutf8LookupString() function or not)

Well I know there is the gkb applet that handles the Keyboard switching ..
and what I am seeking here is not a solution for me :-) I am working in the
Arabization project .. and I want using the arabic keyboard to be as easy as
use the frensh Keyboard :-) see what I am after ?

So I hope that the gkb applet maintainer would help me in making it possible
to switch keyboard layout to Arabic .. I guess that Using the kxkb for that
is not something that anyone would like .. including me ..

--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi