Re: Arabic Keyboard in Gnome2

Kaixo!

On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 10:19:00PM -0500, Isam Bayazidi wrote:

>   Today I compiled my first Gnome2 ever .. and it seems that the Arabic
> keyboard is missing from it .. it is present in the xkb as the symbol "ar" ..
> can you please tell me what is the needed steps to get Gnome2 have the Arabic
> keyboard layout defined ?

Just load it. ("setxkbmap ar" in the command line); or make it the default
keyboard by enabling it in the X11 config file.

There is no need for Gnome to handle it, leaving the keyboard handling to
XFree86 is easier, and works fine.

Maybe you would need to set the locale to an UTF-8 one before (I don't know
if Gnome 2 (or, more exactly, GTk2) uses the new locale independent
Xutf8LookupString() function or not)

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga