Re: xml-i18n-tools and .desktop files

On 22 May 2001 21:16:34 +0200, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
> > I have written a script, named xml-i18n-prepare, which does almost all
> > work for you: finds .desktop, .soundlist, .keys, .glade.h files, says
> > commands to remove them from cvs and what to add to cvs, updates
> > .cvsignore files, changes Makefile.am to rebuild the files, changes
> > POTFILES.in to get messages from new .in files, and, most important,
> > adds existing translations from desktop files to po files, so nothing
> > gets lost.
>
> Yes, but it forgets to tell the user to do
>
>     cvs ci po/POTFILES.in po/*.po

And it forgets to remind to write a ChangeLog entry, and commit
everything ese... it just says what new files need to be added and which
removed.

Of course, it wouldn't be hard to say, which files need to be comitted.
The best way would be to write everything to a script, which user can
look at and run later.

> And what about Makefile.am in case of newly found .desktop files?

It assumes Makefile.am is correct, i.e. .desktop files are installed and
distributed correctly. It cannot write to Makefile.am what it doesn't
know. Changing of Makefiles is a weakest part of script, you should
always check, if everything is correct.

P.S. Karl, of course you can commit that simple typo.

--
Gediminas Paulauskas
Kaunas, Lithuania