Re: xml-i18n-tools and .desktop files

Kaixo!

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 02:15:31PM +0200, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
> Kenneth Rohde Christiansen <kenneth@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > Yes, it supports desktop files and direcotry files - unfortunately I
> > don't have time to clean up the README nor the NEWS file. Patches are
> > welcome thought :)
>
> Okay, I added your announcement to the NEWS file.  Somebody else has to
> cleanup the README, please.

More usefull yet would be a small tutorial explaining how to modifiy
sources of a Gnome program so that the desktop, directory, soundlists, etc
files get handled by xml-i18n-tools.

The main adavantage of doing so is that those files will then be translated
trough the normal po mechanism (not at run time; but at compile time), which
means they will finally be iun synch with curent translation status (those
files tend to be very very behind compared to the po files)

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://www.srtxg.easynet.be/		PGP Key available, key ID: 0x8F0E4975