outdated translations and make update-po

Just for kicks I tried doing make update-po in nautilus/po today. The
first run took
more than 20 minutes to complete. This obviously is a problem for the
Eazel guys
since they are trying to do hourly builds of nautilus  plus
dependencies. The second
run finished in 20 seconds... My question to the translators is this -
would it be
ok to do `make update-po; cvs commit -m "Update all po files"` say once
a week, or
some other fixed interval? Let's say we set aside four dates every month
where the
translators should stay away until the updated po files have been
commited.

Would this work? Comments?

Cheers
Kjartan Maraas