Re: outdated translations and make update-po

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 11:55:16AM -0500, Kjartan Maraas wrote:
> Just for kicks I tried doing make update-po in nautilus/po today. The
> first run took
> more than 20 minutes to complete. This obviously is a problem for the
> Eazel guys
> since they are trying to do hourly builds of nautilus  plus
> dependencies. The second
> run finished in 20 seconds... My question to the translators is this -
> would it be
> ok to do `make update-po; cvs commit -m "Update all po files"` say once
> a week, or
> some other fixed interval? Let's say we set aside four dates every month
> where the
> translators should stay away until the updated po files have been
> commited.
>
> Would this work? Comments?

I say: YES, do it. The guys&girls from eazel.com would also be more
 happy with their Tinderbox.

It does also empower the update process very much... Normally I would say no
 to it but in Nautilus' case it's the right thing to do.
--
kabalak / kabalak@kabalak.net / Fatih Demir
`-GNOME / ICQ:64241161 / GSM: +491749787080