Re: [Ximian Hello] Red Carpet 1.2 and translations

Hi Christian,

On Mon, 2001-12-17 at 14:16, Christian Rose wrote:
> It seems Red Carpet 1.2 not only still has many i18n problems, but also
> breaks things that were translated before, so that they are now shown
> untranslated. This includes a lot of the pages and their captions, like
> the Summary page for example. What happened?

While RC worked fine on Latin-1 encodings in the HTML portions of the
app, they didn't work at all for other encodings.  What we did was
changed the strings marked with _() to U_() (which is in gal) and
changed the gtkhtml widgets to use UTF-8 as the default locale.  The
gettextize script only pulled out strings marked with _() and N_(), so
those strings which were previously translated no longer worked in 1.2.
I've patched the process so that U_() is also pulled out in 1.2.1.

> Also, the pot file hasn't been updated since September 18th.

Heh.  I miscopied the file and ended up committing only the ChangeLog.
It's been fixed.

So anyway, the problem should be fixed in 1.2.1, and the majority of the
bugs below fixed as well.

Joe