Re: CVS changes to Swedish glossary

Damien Donlon wrote:
> > I'm not sure I'm too happy with this change. This change removed my
> > copyright information from the sv.po file and also removed the po file
> > header, resulting in an invalid po file, and breaking the stable
> > translation statistics for sv.
>
> Hi Christian,
> Lorna is no longer working on Gnome. As you said, the
> the copyright got lost in 1.5. Lesson learned :
>
> "Don't forget to run 'msgfmt --verbose --strict' on any future
> deliveries" !

Yeah, msgfmt -cvv is a very sane thing to do before commits, I learned
that the hard way :)

> BTW - I do see new messages in 1.5 against 1.4 so it's weird
> podiff isn't picking them up. I am seeing the msgid's attached
> as new.

True, there were new messages added directly to the po file, and podiff
didn't pick them up for some weird reason.

However, these messages don't seem to have been added to
GnomeGlossary.csv, which is very strange, since the po files are
supposed to be generated and updated from the .csv file. So if these
additions are supposed to be added to the glossary, they should probably
be added to the .csv file first, and the translators allowed to update
the po files from this file later.

We could decide to skip the .csv file and go for just a regular .pot
file instead, but in any case, I don't think it's clean to insert new
msgid:s directly into the individual po files.

> In any case, big apologies for the inconvenience. We'll be sure to
> notify you first on any future changes.

Thanks, and thanks for the answer.