Re: Translating The GIMP
- From: "R.I.P. Deaddog" <maddog linuxhall org>
- To: Karl Eichwalder <keichwa gmx net>
- Cc: Gnome I18N List <gnome-i18n gnome org>,Sven Neumann <sven gimp org>
- Subject: Re: Translating The GIMP
- Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 23:21:23 +0800 (HKT)
On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
> > And those are now created from the po files with xml-i18n-tools, so
> > that may be an argument to use utf-8 on po files.
> Why? xml-i18n-tools should learn to call iconv or recode when needed.
> iconv is designed to be available everywhere.
But..... FreeBSD? OpenBSD? And other numerous unix platforms?
I still remembered converting some certain translation into UTF-8 and
then received complaint that they just see garbled strings. One is using
OpenBSD, another is using glibc 2.0 .....
iconv is not necessary everywhere......
] [Thread Prev