Re: Translating The GIMP

On 29 Aug 2001, Sven Neumann wrote:

> I plan to merge translations from the stable gimp branch ("gimp-1-2")
> to the HEAD branch very soon now and hereby ask all translators to
> assure that the translations in the stable branch are up-to-date.
> If you have committed changes to the HEAD branch, please make sure
> the stable branch contains your fixes, otherwise your changes will
> get lost.

I'd like to ask for exemption of merging for zh_TW(traditional chinese).
There was some translation already committed to HEAD branch, though of
low quality. I was working on translation of the gimp-1-2 branch myself
for a while. Recently I just received 2 sets of complete translations from
2 different persons who work independently. So there are 4 sets of
translations (quite a mess?), and I need some time to merge them all. If
the zh_TW.po in HEAD branch is overwritten then it'll need to be
rescued from grave temporarily......

> The po files in GIMP HEAD will be converted to UTF-8 since GTK+-2.0
> requires strings to be UTF-8 encoded. I will check in some simple
> tools that allow you to convert between native encodings and UTF-8
> since only few editors out there support UTF-8 directly. For now
> you don't have to worry about this and I will post some detailed
> explanations after I have completed the changes in the HEAD branch.
> For now, all you have to care about are the po-files in the
> "gimp-1-2" branch.

I'll take care of that, and will convert to UTF8 before committing to
HEAD branch.

Please tell me if there are other problems with this, I'll be happy to
do anything needed.

Abel