Re: Segmentation fault after translation

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Dinesh Nadarajah wrote:

> Hi folks:
>
> I am having trouble with Gnome file manager after
> translation. After I launch the file manager,
> everytime I select an item (either with a right mouse
> click or left mouse click), the application stalls and
> displays a segmentation fault error message.
>
> This happens only when the translation messages are
> used. When standard english messages are uesd, it does
> not happen. I am not sure why it would be so. has
> anyone else experienced anything like this? There were
> no errors reported when I compiled the translations.

This sounds like a format string has been been translated
with mismatching parameters, but I'm not sure.

> Also, I had previously posted a message requesting for
> info. on how to set the desktop font but have not
> received any respose to that? Does anyone know, or is
> it not possible? The font in the other gnome
> applications works well. In file manager, certain
> settings and views works and other don't, for example,
> the right pane uses the Helvatica font when I switch
> to an icon view. All desktop items are always
> displayed in the same font. Help.

My knowledge on this
  * gmc is broken, this is one of the things its broken on
  * it might not actually be possible to change
  * it is going away for Gnome 1.4, to be replaced with
    nautilus

Non-Latin1 translators: How do you get this working?

--
Robert Brady
robert suse co uk